Thursday, June 7, 2007

Life Changes so Quickly

So where does my name come from? I was born a Northern gal, growing up in the suberbs of Pennsylvania and moved South in the name of Higher Education. What can I say? I loved the South so much I stayed for 10 years. I met a wonderful man, got engaged, and moved back North. I've spent the past year living in what I refer to as Dirty Jersey and I'm counting the days till I move.

Move?

Move where?

Well, in the next six weeks I'm getting married, packing up my apartment, and moving to Manhattan. Not to mention I have to find a new job! I'm in a whirlwind and I don't know which way is up. I love New York City. Really. I do.

But can I live there?

I guess I'm about to find out. I'm excited, anxious, and nervous all at the same time. In a city with millions of people, taxis speeding by, laundromats, valets, late night dinner reservations, every language imaginable, subways taking you here and there, will I be able to find my way?

This is my life as a Southern Yankee living in Manhattan.

No comments: