Sunday, September 23, 2007

Yoga Anyone?

I want to try something new and I am thinking yoga might be it. There is a yoga studio down the street that offers an Intro To Yoga Workshop and I'm trying to work up the nerve to sign up. I'm a little nervous since I don't know what to expect, wear or bring!


Anyone out there into yoga?


If you live on the UES like I do, I'm going to check out New York Yoga. They have two locations: 86th & York and their Hot Yoga at 85th & Lex. When you sign up for one of their 90 minute workshops you also get one month unlimited classes all for the bargain price of $129.




Maybe someday I'll be flexible enough to attempt this because at this point if I tried to do it I'd end up in the hospital!!!!

I'll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

Meg said...

First of all, welcome to NYC! I don't live in Manhattan now, but I did many moons ago. It's a great city, but a stressful one, too, so I think yoga is a terrific idea! I don't know anything about that particular studio, but if you find that you're not in love with it, another great thing about NYC is...yoga studios are a dime a dozen! Good luck, and I hope you enjoy it!

Heather C. Watson said...

Yoga will certainly make you feel better and stronger! A word of advice about the hot-room classes: Be careful, because you can get a deeper stretch (which is wonderful), but can also stretch too far a little more easily!

Best of luck!